Ashlee and the Appendix...

Ok - don't ever want to do this one again!



We arrived home from Cancun early Sunday morning and were all a bit jet-lagged the next day. We were all feeling a bit sick and tired from our week of fun in Mexico. Monday Jeremy headed off to New Mexico for his yearly High Adventure with the boys from church and I began to unpack and get ready for Taylor's Birthday party. Ashlee told me her tummy hurt and I told her to take it easy and rest. She was up sick that night and threw up. We figured she had the flu or a bug from Mexico. Several other family members were ill as well with cramping and sick tummies. By Tuesday evening she was feeling much worse. I told her she needed to keep some fluids and food down or I would need to take her to the doctor to get some fluids. She had no luck and Wednesday afternoon everything seemed to get amplified - more pain, more dehydration, more lethargic, so I took her to our local urgent care and was told to take her into the Children's Hospital for more testing....sure enough her appendix had ruptured - I was so shocked! They took her right into surgery and Jeremy began to drive home from New Mexico. She had to stay in the Hospital for 5 days and have an in-home IV for 10 more. But... she is doing great now and I have now become an overly paranoid mother when I hear, "Mom, my tummy hurts"

No comments: